Sunday, May 6, 2012

What Exactly Is The Wheelio?


My name is Jason, and I will be the author of this blog, quite cleverly named "What's The Wheelio?"  The purpose of this blog will be to cover a wide range of topics, most of which will be bicycle related.  Being bicycle related can mean a lot of things, but I will generally have a more specific focus on a few areas: Bike technology/maintenance, racing related material (both pro and amateur), and bike commuting.

So sad, anyone have duct tape?

I suppose I would consider myself an amateur bike mechanic, and I will attempt to log any changes or repairs I make to my own bikes as they happen.  They might be specific to my bikes, but I hope that all mechanical-type material here will be relatable to everyone, or at the very least serve as a good reminder to anyone reading that their chain needs some oil or that that creaking noise is still there and needs a look.  In all seriousness I hope to inspire any readers to try some maintenance on their own if they have never tried, or be helpful to any other riders, whether rookies or seasoned pros.

I didn't know that God rides! (If you don't know who this man is, your life is incomplete!  I'm sure I will quote/mention him quite a bit.)

Speaking of pros, I am also a fan of racing and will surely randomly post my thoughts about pro racing.  This will mainly relate to road racing, but I also enjoy cyclocross and mountain biking, so I am sure I will touch on those subjects, as well.

Learning new things is hard.

Another aspect of racing that I will be documenting will be my own introduction to road racing, so hopefully I can give and get pointers and info on that.  I am already an avid rider, so racing seems like a logical step to take, and I always enjoy competition.  Stay tuned to see how things go and whether I fail miserably or not.

Don't be this guy!!!!!!!

I have also begun commuting by bike quite a bit more.  I am personally quite sick of continuing to give Exxon, Shell, or whatever other oil company my money.  I also find that cycling is a lot more fun than sitting in a car and I feel less guilty than when I am killing the planet with burning gas, so whenever possible I commute by bike.  Hopefully I can inspire others to do the same and offer up some tips and my experiences.  I don't live in the most bike-friendly place, so I am sure any of my experiences and ideas about commuting will work a lot better in a more bike-friendly area.

OOOOHHH! SHINY!!!


And related to all of the previous areas, I will try to present reviews of any cycling related products I have the opportunity to try.  I haven't really written reviews before, but I ride a lot and tend to figure out the pros and cons of products quite quickly, and I look forward to sharing my own uncensored ideas about whatever products I try.

Okay, well by this point you have probably had enough of me, so I will give your brain a break and hope that you stop back and continue to read what I have to say, and hopefully I will be entertaining, but also helpful to any other cyclists out there.

-Jason Wheelio

1 comment:

  1. Cool post! I like your blog so far--can't wait to read more! =)

    ReplyDelete